- THE COMPANY
- THE HALL
- FIND US
This patronage results from the former Jones Lectureship Charity. In 1866 the site of three houses owned by the Charity was required for the construction of a new road running from the Embankment to Mansion House in the City of London. The Charity was expanded to include three parishes, which received substantial grants from the payment received for the site.
St. Catherine, Hatcham, London, SE14
Incumbent: The Revd Sheridan James
Mobile: 07703 291594
In 1892 the Haberdashers' Company provided the land and money to build the church in Telegraph Hill Park , London. Over the last 100 years St Catherine's has been sustained by the regular contributions of countless people, both clergy and laity, keeping faith with the church and parish. There have been two major fires at St Catherine, in 1913 and 1940, following which the Haberdashers' Aske's Boys School was used for services and kept the church alive throughout the war.
In 1972 the western end of the church was incorporated in the new Telegraph Hill Centre, a community resource for learning and social activities for the neighbourhood.